Sunday, April 8, 2012

Inglot!

I had heard that San Francisco Macy's recently got an Inglot counter, but I didn't get to check it out until yesterday. I've been aware of their US website for awhile based on beauty blogger posts, youtube videos and online makeup forum chatter, but because some shades seemed so close together that I wanted to wait 'til I could see them in person rather than guess from the all the swatches online.  I love their Freedom System and the ability to choose my own color combinations for the palette.  Each 2.7 g eyeshadow square is $5 (US) and are paraben free.  The 10-pan palette I got is $14.


Top row (left to right): Matte 330, Pearl 397, Pearl 409, Matte 327, and Matte 391
Bottom row: AMC Shine 14, Matte 375, AMC Shine 44, Pearl 408 (which photographed lighter in the palette), and Pearl 434.


The eyeshadows were swatched in the same order on my arm with no primer. I chose the colors so I could have a neutral every day colors and slightly more colorful options.  I'm hoping that if I really like how they wear after a few times, that I can build up my Inglot eyeshadow color collection with a few of their orange and green shades. I'm also hoping to try their other color products later.


Not Inglot, but I had been meaning to do this comparison swatch for awhile.  On the left if the infamous NARS Orgasm blush and on the right is Mary Kay's Shy Blush.  A few beauty bloggers have mentioned the MK Shy Blush as a dupe for NARS O.  They're close, but the NARS O is actually a bit more pigmented and not quite as shimmery as MK Shy Blush.  I have to apply a lot more of the MK for the color to show, but I actually prefer to use it as a cheek highlighter so my cheek doesn't look so shimmery.

No comments:

Post a Comment